Hey guys and gals! Welcome to another week of Sam and Dan Games. This week we have some sneak peak at the Creature Universe Starters and the weekly progress for what will be new in Pokemon Tower Defense 2 this week. Enjoy!
Creature Universe (aka ANPO) Starters:
Okay so every creature game should start with the trainers getting their first creature. In pokemon you started in one town and you picked from three different starters. In most games in the series you could pick from a grass, fire or water pokemon. My first thoughts in designing ANPO were "okay why not have different types available? Why not have all types available?" I thought it would be great if you wanted a specific type to be your starting type. Why only have 3 choices? Then I said "wouldn't it be cool if each starter had a different starting location?" What if since each city specializes in a certain type why not have a starter on each city and have players decide which city they wanted to start from. That all sounded great! But then I came back to earth and thought about how many different types we might have and about how long it would take to make all those cities right from the start. Okay so I like the idea of different cities for each starter. I like the idea of letting you choose which type you want to start. But to release the game I have to limit how many starters I will release the game with. So let's go back down to 3 and then as the game progresses we will add more. Okay so 3 starter types for 3 cities. The starters will be like that cities mascot. They will be an important part of that city. That is the creature that young trainers from that city receive when they first start training.
Now which 3 types should it start with? My first thoughts were to not do fire, grass, and water. Let's make it different! WOOOO! How about flying, ground, electric? Hmm it doesn't quite work out... Flying isn't super effective against ground... Also it's not that intuitive to figure out who beats who... not as nice as fire, grass, and water. So I decided okay I want more than 3 types for starters but if I only have 3 types then they will be fire, grass, and water. So a few weeks back I had my artist, Kevin, Bill, Evan, Josh and Joel, start coming up with concepts for creatures for ANPO. We have over 100 designs already! But I like to present to you the work in progress sketches of the water, fire, and grass starters for ANPO!
|Work In Progress ANPO Starters|
This week for PTD 2 will we have another 1v1 level, this level should be enough for kakuna and metapod to level up to 10 so I will include the unlocks for those. Also I'll be pushing for saving in the story mode and the second quest where you can actually pick your starter. Plus if I have time during the week I'll add any small fixes or changes that I find.
Alpha v1.14 Added the Girl Avatar for story mode, saving for story mode, Bug Fixes and Changes (9/2/12): Released!
- Fixed a bug that was making attacks that should do at least 1 damage do 0 damage - Like Poison Sting on Geodude
- Fixed a bug that prevented a pokemon from learning an attack when it evolves and you beat a level
- Fixed a bug with attacks with an initial cooldown having a cooldown glitch
- Removed Prof Oak's winning text and added different text in Story Level 1
- Added Johto Starter sounds to the Story Level 1 Intro
- Added the correct lost popup to Story Level 1
- Implemented the girl avatar in story mode
- Fixed being able to enter houses through windows and walls in Story mode
- Lowered the Geodude's level in Level 6 of 1v1 to 10, 11, 12 respectively, also lowered the amount of buffs they do before attacking
- Gave Professor Oak the correct questions to ask the player on Story Level 1 Intro
- Fixed a bug with beating a level while playing at a higher speed
- Added properly deleting profiles when the delete button is pressed
- Added saving your story profile
- 1v1 Level 6
- Level Layout
- Added Butterfree and Beedrill as unlockables
- Lower the effect of speed changes to attack speed
- Update speed changes to attack cooldown in real time instead of only when a new move is going to be done